Tag Archives: united states citizenship and immigration

Holders of a K-1 visa may work after they receive an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The EAD is a work permit issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The K1 visa holder has two options in getting a permit. He or she may either apply as soon as possible, upon entry in the […]

The required quantum of evidence sought in every application before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services or USCIS is preponderance of evidence which means that the fact alleged is more likely be true than false. Most of the time, decisions are based on the documents required to be submitted in the initial filing. However, […]

The Immigration law of the United States allows U.S. citizens to apply for US fiancé visa, commonly known as the K1 visa, in favor of their loved one abroad. This visa is issued in order to permit the Thai fiancé to enter the country for the celebration of the marriage. Who may apply? Only U.S. […]

The IR1 visa is an unconditional permanent resident visa. The IR1 visa is issued to foreign spouses who have been married to a U.S. citizen for more than two years. When the IR1 spouse enters the United States, she will receive an unconditional permanent residency status with a 10 year permanent resident card. The permanent […]